Modern Slavery Policy Statement
Modern Slavery is an unquestionable and indefensible violation of an individual’s basic human rights. Connect Catering recognises that as a commercial organisation it has a moral and social responsibility to take a zero tolerance approach to modern slavery in all forms. We are committed to preventing slavery and human trafficking in our corporate activities, and ensuring, as far as we are able, that our supply chains are free from slavery and human trafficking.
We are also committed to ensuring there is transparency in our own business and in our approach to tackling modern slavery throughout our supply chains, consistent with our disclosure obligations under the Modern Slavery Act 2015. We expect the same high standards from all our contractors, suppliers and other business partners, and as part of our contracting process, we include specific prohibitions against the use of forced, compulsory or trafficked labour, or anyone held in slavery or servitude, whether adults or children and we expect that our suppliers will hold their own suppliers to the same high standards.
Compliance with The Policy:
▪ You must ensure that you read, understand and comply with this policy.
▪ The prevention, detection and reporting of modern slavery in any part of our business or supply chains is the responsibility of all those working for us. You are required to avoid any activity that might lead to or suggest a breach of this policy.
▪ You must notify your Manager as soon as possible if you believe or suspect that a conflict with this policy has occurred or may occur in the future.
▪ If you believe or suspect a breach of this policy has, or may occur you must notify your Manager or report in accordance with our Workplace Worries Policy as soon as possible.
▪ We aim to encourage openness and will support anyone who raises genuine concerns in good faith under this policy, even if they turn out to be mistaken. We are committed to ensuring no one suffers any detrimental treatment as a result of reporting in good faith their suspicion that modern slavery of whatever form is or may be taking place in any part of our own business or in any of our supply chains.
Communication & Awareness of This Policy:
Our zero hours tolerance approach to modern slavery must be communicated to all suppliers, contractors and business partners at the outset of our business relationship with them and reinforced as appropriate thereafter.
Any employee who breaches this policy will face disciplinary action which could result in dismissal.
We may terminate our relationship with other individuals and organisations working on our behalf if they breach this policy.